Friday, April 25, 2014

He Liked It So He Put A Ring On It!

Well, blog world, I'm finally back after a month-long hiatus.  A very BUSY and EXCITING month-long hiatus, that is.  Because.......






I GOT ENGAGED!!!!  It was totally unexpected and I was SHOCKED, but it happened over spring break!  We were in Florida walking on the beach and I looked up and saw a group of people holding up those signs.  I thought I was dreaming.  Really.  I blacked out the majority of the proposal, but I'm told that the first words out of my mouth were a random string of cuss words so....that's that for a romance-filled moment, right?

Anyways, the group of people was both of our families that were in Florida.  I had ZERO idea my family was there and still have no idea how they managed to keep that a secret for so long.

The whole "waking up to an alarm" and "going back to work" thing is always a depressing adjustment, but my coworkers and kiddos made it so much fun.  It's pretty remarkable how having amazing people in your life can make special times all the more special.  My coworkers showered me with support and love and my desk was filled with exciting goodies upon my arrival back to work.  AMAZING!



Funny story: Every Monday morning, we have class meeting.  We all gather in a circle on the carpet and each have the opportunity to share something fun we did the over the weekend or something special that happened to us. Sometimes we go around in a circle and share and sometimes we "pop" around by calling on friends that are sitting quietly with their ideas to share.  On this particular Monday, we were all extremely hyped up (I mean, there's nothing quite like a week off of school when we seem to lose control of our ability to sit on the carpet and all classroom expectations go flying out the window).  After calming everyone down, I decided to start our special sharing time by telling my class that I got engaged over Spring Break.

The awe!  

The shock!

The excitement!

The "GROSSSSS A BOY?!" comments!

Until one of my little girls excitedly shouts out, "OH MY GOSH IF IT'S A GIRL WILL YOU NAME IT LOLA?!?!"

Ummmmm......Clearly I laughed for the remainder of our class meeting and squashed any sort of "sharing time," haha!

After getting back on track, we actually managed to get academic material covered and have a successful and productive first day back.  We even got a surprise package delivered to our classroom from my fiance, Evan's, aunt in Indiana!  


Best surprise ever!  Okay, besides the whole "proposal" thing...And the kids LOVED them!  We just had to pose and flaunt our rings!


Anyways, that's all I've got for now, folks!  I will post back soon with some fun school-related activities.  I can't BELIEVE we only have 5 weeks of school left!



2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Elyse! That is so exciting and darling that you shared the celebration with your students. Good luck with everything!

    Bethany
    Ship Shape First Grade

    ReplyDelete